Hello my little champions! I know it’s the beginning of the week and some of you might be contemplating whether or not to murder everyone in your office today, but don’t fret because tremendous times are comin your way this Tuesday night (May 14th) at 8PM at Slightly Oliver (511 Amsterdam b/w 84th and 85th). If you’ve been to a show before, you know the kind of incredibleness that’s right around the corner. If you haven’t, you should stop missing out on cool things and come check one out. Here’s a real life review from a real life person who came to the show 2 weeks ago…
“Just laughed my ass off at Jeremy Pinsly’s comedy show. Amazing comics and a sick venue, they do it every other week at slightly Oliver on 85& amsterdam, a must check out!!”
That’s right ladies and gents, a “must check out”. So if you’re sitting at your desk right now contemplating how to escape the monotony of the week long grind, get your asses out to Slightly Oliver this Tuesday night, and let’s have ourselves a good ole fashion time. With No Cover, $3 beers, $1 oysters, a full lineup of hilarious comedians, a nice venue, and me, how could you pass? Here’s who we got making dreams come true this week…
AND SPECIAL GUEST!!!
Music by: ZAC TAYLOR
As always, there is No cover, $3 beers, $1 0ysters, and a full menu of delicious items. Music starts at 8, comedy starts at 8:30. Seating is limited so CALL 212-362-1098 TO RESERVE!
This show takes all of your bad feelings and turns em into incredibly good feelings. You aint want none of this shit! Hopefully I’ll see some of you animals there.
Hey ya little swamp monsters. Jeremy Pinsly here. Are you ready for some earth shattering news? Well here it is. This Tuesday night (April 30th) will be the 10TH SHOW ANNIVERSARY for “Tuesday Night Comedy” at Slightly Oliver in the upper west side. Isn’t that somethin? What started as a drunken conversation outside of a bar at 4am after Hurricane Sandy has turned into something “totally dope fresh” (New York Times). Now to celebrate this oh so special occasion (I don’t have a girlfriend, so this is the kind of thing I hold onto), I put together an extra spectacular lineup for ya this Tuesday night. Gary Gulman, who was on HBO’s Tourgasm with Dane Cook, is gonna be doin a full 20 minute set! Not to mention I’m going to be an absolute laugh riot, and the the rest of the lineup is a bunch of super hilarious/neat folks. If you miss this for anything other than a Grouper date or an IMAX showing of “Pain and Gain”, you’re just being dumb. Here’s who we got bringin the magic this week…
JOE LIST (HBO Comedy Festival, Live at Gotham)
DAMIEN LEMON (MTV’s Guy Code)
MYQ KAPLAN (Comedy Central, Conan, Letterman)
DAN ENFIELD (Gotham, Hollywood Improv)
KEITH ALBERSTADT (Letterman, SNL)
SEATON SMITH (John Mulaney Show)
Music starts at 8, comedy starts at 8:30. As always, there is NO COVER, but there is a $20 food/drink minimum per table seat (bar and standing room are free!). Address is 511 Amsterdam b/w 84th and 85th. CALL 212-362-1098 TO RESERVE!
If you like laughing and fun and drinking and eating and music and being with people, then you’re gonna love this show. Hopefully I’ll see some of you rascals there!
Hey People! I hope your lives have been just swell over the past couple of weeks. I know mine most certainly has. I spent the last 24 hours in the wonderful state of New Jersey celebrating my aunt’s 50th birthday, and boy, oh boy did we have ourselves a good ole fashion time. I attended my first ever Narcotic’s Anonymous meeting (led by my cousin), danced to house music with my drunk/heavily sedated 84 year old grandmother, smoked weed with my aunt after she drove me home blackout drunk (she’s a real good influence on my cousin), and listened to my uncle tell stories about the three prostitutes he used to live next to when he was younger. Did I mention that my 7 year old cousin punched me directly in the dick this morning? Or that I watched 2 fights break out in line for the Greyhound bus that led to one guy being arrested and a 300 pound Jamaican woman repeatedly telling another woman to fuck her own ass hole? Like I said, such a good time.
Anyhoo, let’s talk about what I came here to talk about. I’ve got a super, super great show for ya this coming Tuesday night at Slightly Oliver. I will be hosting and doing a set of my own, while 6 top-notch comedians from all over NYC and LA drop by to slap you in the face with some authentically delightful stand-up comedy. You should seriously consider coming to check it out. Seriously. If you have plans, cancel em. If you’re thinking about going home and being lazy, don’t be lazy. If you have to work late, tell your boss to go fuck himself, and come to the show anyway. Trust me, you’ll have zero regrets. Here’s the incredibly sick nasty dope funky fresh lineup for this week (brace yourselves)…
and SPECIAL GUEST!!!
A dude who plays guitar and sings real good
As always, there is no cover, but there is a $20 food/drink minimum per seat (bar and standing room are free!). Music starts at 8, comedy starts at 8:30. Specials include $3 beers and $1 oysters. CALL (212) 362-1098 TO RESERVE!
Hopefully I’ll see some of you animals there. If you can’t make it to this one, the next show will be April 30th.
Don’t do drugs, and don’t drink and drive. I love you all.
Hi people. For those of you who just subscribed, that’s awesome. If my idea of what happens when you die is accurate, you will all be going to heaven. Congratulations! Seriously though, you’re gonna have a great time with this. Thanks for signing up!
What I came here to tell you about today was this super fun show I’ve been putting on at this really cool place called Slightly Oliver (511 Amsterdam b/w 84th and 85th). The next one is this coming Tuesday night (April 2nd) from 8:15 – 10:15. This will be the 8th show we’ve run, so the idea is to keep it goin as long as possible! I bring in some of the for real best comedians in NYC, and I don’t make you have to pay comedy club prices to watch them do their thing. Basically it’s a comedy club in a restaurant that serves really good food and has great specials ($3 beers and $1 oysters). What’s not to love? Plus, I host every show and do my own 10 minute set at the end. If that isn’t a neat little treat for ya, I just don’t know what one is. Speaking of treats, you should check out the totally dope fresh lineup for this week’s show. If this were a Blizzard from Dairy Queen, it would be the one you like the most. Check, it, out…
SHENG WANG (Comedy Central, Comedians of Comedy)
MARK NORMAND (Conan, Comedy Central)
JERMAINE FOWLER (MTV)
LIZ MIELE (Conan, Daily Show, Comedy Central)
SAM MORRILL (Caroline’s, Laughing Skull Festival)
And SPECIAL GUEST!!!
As always, there is NO COVER, but there is a $20 food/drink minimum per seat (standing room is free!). If you want to ensure a seat at the bar or a table, CALL (212) 362-1098 TO RESERVE!
This show will be awesome and is getting better every week. I’m always bringing in new comedians, so If you have nothing (or something stupid) to do on a Tuesday night, you should definitely come check a show out sometime. The only thing you’re guaranteed to have is a grand ole time. I’ll keep ya posted with show dates and lineups. If you can’t make this one, next one is April 16th!
Thanks for listening gang. My heart goes out to you all. I’m gonna leave you with this really awesome video. It’ll make ya giggle. Enjoy and have a great week.
Hey gang, here’s a video of me doing stand-up from a really fun show at Karma Lounge. I do hope you like it, and if you don’t, that’s totally cool too. The good Lord gave us different opinions for a reason. Well, here is my take on strip clubs and chicken. Enjoy!
Hey People. I’ve got an awesome show lined up this week. And when I say “awesome” I mean “awesome”. Did I say that it was “awesome”? Subliminal “awesome”. Ha, it’s gonna be so “awesome”. “Awesome”.Here’s the lineup…
NO COVER, $20 food/drink minimum per seat, standing room is FREE, $3 beers, $1 oysters, and precious memories for all in attendance.
You can CALL (212) 362-1098 TO RESERVE A SEAT OR TABLE. Seating is limited and fills up quickly. Bar is first come, first serve. Show starts at 8. I’ll be there at 7. Come say hey. We can chat. It’ll be fun. Peace. I love you.
Humans, this coming Tuesday, I will bring forth great comedy from the heart of Manhattan, and place it in the delightfully warm and cozy lands of Slightly Oliver (511 Amsterdam b/w 84th and 85th st). With $3 beers, $1 oysters, and a lineup of comedians and musicians who could make a dead raccoon smile, how could you possibly say no?
Here’s who we got bringing greatness to the table this week…
HARRISON GREENBAUM (Katie Couric Show, Caroline’s)
ROBERT DEAN (Comedy Central, Caroline’s)
SEATON SMITH (Just for Laughs)
IMAGINE COMEDIAN (Last Pocket Productions)
PERRY STRONG (Gotham, VH1)
JOE DeROSA (HBO, Comedy Central)
Gonna be a super great time. Show starts at 8PM and ends a little before 10PM. There is no cover, but if you want a bar or table seat, there is a $20 food/drink minimum. Standing room is free!
This coming Tuesday (Feb 5th), thunder and lightning (in the form of comedy) will be broughten to a classy little gastropub known as “Slightly Oliver” in the Upper West Side of Manhattan from 8PM until 10PM.
I met the owners of the place when I was hammered drunk after Hurricane Sandy, and for some reason, they agreed to let me run a bi-weekly comedy show there. And after 4 shows, things are really taking off! With $3 house beers, $1 oysters, no cover ($15 food/drink minimum per table seat), and incredible lineups featuring New York’s top credited comedians, what’s not to love?
Below is the lineup for the upcoming show (Tuesday Feb 5th at 8 PM). It is quite resemblant to the starting 5 (and 6th man – Toni Kukoc) of the ’96 Chicago Bulls. Check it…
It’s been nearly 365 of the longest days imaginable, but wait no more people…the 2012 American Music Awards are finally here!!! With a performance lineup including the likes of Niki Minaj, Taylor Swift (Oh my god! I can’t believe this!), Pitbull, No Doubt, Linkin Park, and Kesha, how could you not be excited? It’s like the Grammy’s, but for people who suck! So whether you love pointless, shitty music or you love making fun of people who love pointless, shitty music, this awards show is going to be entertaining as balls. Biebs is going to be rockin the do’, Pitbull is going to be acting like a douche, Katy Perry’s gonna be showin off the twins, Carly Rae Jepsen will try to act like a video of her giving a blow job never got leaked onto the internet (google it) and so much more! It’s going to be an epic night everyone. Grab some friends, grab a shit ton of alcohol and let’s celebrate the 2012 American Music Awards the way they were meant to be celebrated…by getting f***ed up and forgetting they ever happened. I present to you, the 2012 American Music Awards Drinking Game. Bottoms Up!
1. Every second that you are not able to make eye contact with Katy Perry while she is on camera – Drink
2. Every time you catch a glimpse of Bieber’s new tattoos – Drink (If you catch a glimpse of his super neat owl tatto – shotgun a beer)
3. Every time you say to yourself “No Doubt is a lot like the Black Eyed Peas…without black people” – Drink
4. Every time Pitbull points his arms in random directions during his performance – Drink (prepare to drink a lot)
5. For every pound that you believe Kelly Clarkson has gained or lost since the last time you saw her – Drink
6. Every time Carly Rae Jepsen gets some screen time – Drink until they take her off
7. Drink every time you see Pink
8. Ladies, every time you think about having sex with Adam Levine – Drink
9. Guys, every time you think about having sex with anyone on the show – Drink
10. Every time a presenter tries to be really funny and fails miserably – take a shot/chug your beer
11. Every time someone tells you to “follow your dreams” during their acceptance speech – take a shot/chug a beer
12. Every time Taylor Swift acts completely shocked that she is so popular – Take a shot/chug your beer and tweet about how much you hate her
13. Toast and drink to every back-up band member who gets a close-up (drink to every close-up they get. Drink twice for back up dancers)
14. Every time a performer tries to cover up how bad there song actually is by wearing ridiculous clothes and using extreme amounts of lasers/pyrotechnics – Take a shot/Chug your beer
15. Take a shot after each live performance (Don’t drink after Pitbull. He doesn’t deserve it)
16. If Taylor wins an award – Shotgun a beer. Then go ask your 8 year old niece to stop finger painting and write you some award winning songs
17. If Chris Brown wins an award – Shotgun a beer and punch your girlfriend in the face
18. Anytime a performer gets caught lip syncing – Shotgun a beer
19. If Bieber throws up on stage again – Drink til you throw up
20. After every award Bieber wins – Have a chug off and the first person who finishes crushes the can over their head and yells out “Mommy wow, I’m a big kid now!”. The loser has to order a one month subscription of Enzyte.
21. If Nicki Minaj wins rap album of the year again – Take a shot/chug a beer and blast some 2Pac/Biggy out of protest (Drive-by optional)
22. If Carly Rae Jepsen wins an award – Shotgun a beer and call your ex boyfriend or girlfriend (call your parents if you have no exes)
23. If Rascal Flats beats out Zach Brown Band for country duo of the year – Shotgun a beer and come out to your parents
24. If Linkin Park beats out The Black Keys for best alternative rock band – Turn your TV off
25. If Kanye makes an appearance – Everyone shotguns a beer, takes a shot, hits the bong, gets on their rooftop and yells out “Beyonce deserved that shit!”. Then go look in the mirror for an hour and tell yourself how awesome you are.
At the end of the show – Play songs by the “artist” of the year. Then turn those songs off, play something cool and celebrate that these awards won’t come back for another year. If everyone doesn’t pass out or get laid when it’s all said and done, this game was a complete failure.
Good luck, have fun and don’t drink responsibly. Go America!
This article was written for www.thecollegetownlife.com